What Is Good Friday - Jesus Dies On The Cross for Us - Great Video - Share!


Good Friday is the Friday before Easter Sunday. On this day the death of Jesus Christ is commemorated. Jesus died in the year 33 AD. The story of the Crucifixion and death of Jesus is told in the Gospels. On this day no Mass is celebrated in the Roman Catholic Church. There is a Church Service at 3:00pm. There are readings from the Bible. The organ is not played but hymns may be sung accappella. The Cross is venerated by those attending. Here the Eucharist is distributed from the preceding Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper. Catholics are called to fast on this day which means that they cannot eat more than 1 meal and 2 repasts. They cannot eat meat on this day.  (Image source: google.com)
FOR INSPIRATIONAL STORIES AND FREE MOVIES  LIKE US ON FACEBOOK NOW http://www.facebook.com/catholicnewsworld  

The Church is striped of the linens and the tabernacle door is left open.
The Reproaches (Improperia) are chanted by a priest during the Good Friday service while the people are venerating the Cross.
My people, What have I done to you? How have I offended you? Answer me!
I led you out of Egypt; but you led your Savior to the Cross.
For forty years I led you safely through the desert,
I fed you with manna from heaven,
and brought you to the land of plenty; But you led your Savior to the Cross.
O, My people! What have I done to you that you should testify against me?

Holy God. Holy God. Holy Mighty One. Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us.

Comments