SUNDAY MASS ONLINE : 2ND OF LENT - YEAR C - FEB. 24, 2013

Genesis 15: 5 - 12, 17 - 18
5And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your descendants be."
6And he believed the LORD; and he reckoned it to him as righteousness.
7And he said to him, "I am the LORD who brought you from Ur of the Chalde'ans, to give you this land to possess."
8But he said, "O Lord GOD, how am I to know that I shall possess it?"
9He said to him, "Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat three years old, a ram three years old, a turtledove, and a young pigeon."
10And he brought him all these, cut them in two, and laid each half over against the other; but he did not cut the birds in two.
11And when birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, Abram drove them away.
12As the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Abram; and lo, a dread and great darkness fell upon him.
17When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces.
18On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphra'tes,
Psalms 27: 1, 7 - 9, 13 - 14
1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
7Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me!
8Thou hast said, "Seek ye my face." My heart says to thee, "Thy face, LORD, do I seek."
9Hide not thy face from me. Turn not thy servant away in anger, thou who hast been my help. Cast me not off, forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
13I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
14Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD!
Philippians 3: 17 - 21
17Brethren, join in imitating me, and mark those who so live as you have an example in us.
18For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
19Their end is destruction, their god is the belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.
20But our commonwealth is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power which enables him even to subject all things to himself. -
Luke 9: 28 - 36

28Now about eight days after these sayings he took with him Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray.29And as he was praying, the appearance of his countenance was altered, and his raiment became dazzling white.30And behold, two men talked with him, Moses and Eli'jah,31who appeared in glory and spoke of his departure, which he was to accomplish at Jerusalem.32Now Peter and those who were with him were heavy with sleep, and when they wakened they saw his glory and the two men who stood with him.33And as the men were parting from him, Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is well that we are here; let us make three booths, one for you and one for Moses and one for Eli'jah" -- not knowing what he said.34As he said this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.35And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!"36And when the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silence and told no one in those days anything of what they had seen.

Feb 24, 2013 - 2nd Sun of Lent

Comments