AUSTRALIA: FR. TYLER CELEBRATES 40 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

School retreat Rosary leads to 40 years of priesthood

DIOCESE OF PARRAMATTA REPORT:

Go to Fr Ted Tyler Story in our Priests of Parramatta Section
Fr Ted Tyler. Photo: Virginia Knight
By Virginia Knight

On Sunday 26 June, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta priest Father Ted Tyler will celebrate the 40th anniversary of his ordination to priesthood.

The thought of the priesthood often entered his mind as a boy, but it was during a school retreat in his last year of secondary education that the decision came.

“I remember it very vividly – it happened while saying the Rosary during that retreat,” Fr Ted said.

Fr Ted has been Assistant Priest at St Thomas Aquinas Parish at Springwood for more than four years, and feels very much at home in the Blue Mountains.

“I have never had any doubt about God, nor Christ, nor the Church as Christ’s creation, nor my Catholic faith,” Fr Ted said.

“Since my ordination, I have never had any doubt about my priesthood. My calling is to help people know and love Christ.”

Read full story in our Priests of Parramatta section

Comments